Saturday, September 10, 2011

Goodnight My Angel

My thoughts this day (9/11) are to many to put into words or do justice to the thousands who died that day and the millions who will remember them this day and always. I had a conversation with a little girl this week who was born four years after this great tragedy. she was like a breath of fresh air. It was as if God was saying in the spring all things are made new and alive again. I will not forget their sacrifice but I will live and grow. My light will shine so all can see I was not diminished by this tragedy but like a Brisol Cone Pine have sprung anew, better for the fire. I love you my friends and I'm grateful you too are here to journey on with me. The words of this song come closes to my feeling this day.


Goodnight my angel time to close your eyes.

And save these questions for another day.

I think I know what you've been asking me.

I think you know what I've been trying to say.

I promised I would never leave you.

And you should always know.

Where ever you may go no matter where you are.

I never will be far away.

Goodnight my angel now its time to sleep.

And still so many things I want to say.

Remember all the songs you sang for me.

When we went sailing on an emerald bay.

And like a boat out on the ocean.

I’m rocking you to sleep.

The waters dark and deep.

Inside this ancient heart.

You'll always be a part of me.

Goodnight my angel now its time to dream.

And dream how wonderful you're life will be.

Some day your child may cry and if you sing this lullabye.

Then in your heart there will always be a part of me.

Someday we'll all be gone but lullabyes go on and on.

They never die thats how you and I will be.

1 comment:

  1. how are you dear friend? I have been missing you lately and hope you are good! Happy Halloween!!!! How is your momma?

    ReplyDelete