Monday, January 4, 2010

. . . I Am a Butterfly. . . . I Am Free. . . .

Because butterflies are deeply symbolic of my struggles to grow into my unique wisdom and beauty. They have always brought smiles to my face. Like the swans which also grow in beauty and grace, butterflies are not very appealing in their immature larva stage. But following a deep inner knowing the caterpillar goes into seclusion to allow its destiny to unfold. Protecting itself from all outside distraction in darkness and isolation in its cocoon. In all due time as promised by its inner wisdom the caterpillar emerges as a winged creature and spends the rest of its life spreading beauty and joy as it gently flies from flower to flower. A symbol of hope and transformation.
As I move through the chaos, confusion and challenges of everyday life I remember that I have a winged and wonderful self within me, waiting to emerge from the darkness of cancer. Like those beautiful butterflies I need only to go into the stillness and solitude. . . to look within. . . to find my wise inner-self waiting to transform.
I know that I must be gentle and patient as I transform myself. I must have commitment and discipline as my transformation takes place. Each day I need to give myself a few quiet moments to just cocoon. I have the courage to have faith that I will emerge from my cocoon with spectacular fireworks.

It takes a while for our minds to become quiet enough for us to hear the fluttering of our inner wings.
I will trust my inner butterfly. . .
I will take a few quiet minutes each day to just tune into me. . .
As each day passes I am more able to hear the quiet whispers of my inner wings. . .

1 comment:

  1. Ok, this was a wonderful post with such wonderful words.. Your such a great person, you have been through so much.. Danica is so excited for you to be her Primary teacher, as am I . Thanks for being a great Primary teacher..

    ReplyDelete